University Executive Board
The University Executive Board (UEB) is:
- the recognised executive decision-making group of the university
- a forum through which the executive authority and responsibility of its members is pooled, shared, and executed
- a group which shares collective responsibility for the decisions made and delivers the associated actions
The UEB is not part of the formal committee structure. The UEB will execute the powers already apparent in the schedule of delegation from Senate & Council, given to senior officers. It enables those powers to be executed more collegiately and with a clearer audit trail.
UEB will make, and hold collective responsibility and accountability for executive decisions,
- the implementation of the University strategy, including the priorities for resourcing the core plans
- monitoring of the University's key performance indicators
- prioritisation of strategic programmes and projects (including capital projects)
- the establishment, delivery, and cessation of major strategic partnerships
- the statutory and compliance responsibilities that fall on leaders
- management of strategic risk, oversight of operational risk and review of risk appetite
Interactions with University Leadership Group (ULG) and other governance structures
ULG and UEB
- All members of UEB are also members of ULG.
- Items which have been discussed and approved in principle at ULG but need an executive decision will be passed to the UEB.
- The UEB may refer items to ULG for wider consultation or endorsement.
Senate and Council
- Vice-Chancellor chairs UEB and will report key issues into Senate and Council via his regular updates.
- The powers reserved for Senate & Council, including those already delegated to other committees, are unaffected by the creation of the UEB.
Other governance groups
- The formal committee structure delivers governance and assurance and is unaffected by the creation of UEB.
- Some other groups that fall out with the formal committee structure report into UEB (e.g. Change Portfolio Board)
Meeting dates and paper deadlines
Please find below the upcoming UEB meeting dates and their respective paper deadlines. Note that paper deadline is one week before the meeting.
If you would like to request an item for the UEB agenda, please email the Secretary.
|Meeting date||Paper deadline|
|Monday 25 September 2023 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 18 September 2023|
|Monday 30 October 2023 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 23 October 2023|
|Monday 27 November 2023 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 20 November 2023|
|Monday 8 January 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 1 January 2024|
|Monday 5 February 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 29 January 2024|
|Monday 4 March 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 26 February 2024|
|Monday 8 April 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 1 April 2024|
|Monday 6 May 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 29 April 2024|
|Monday 3 June 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 27 May 2024|
|Monday 1 July 2024 - 12noon to 1400||Monday 24 June 2024|