Professor Godsell's career has been split between both industry and academia. She joined WMG in October 2013 following a position as Reader at Cranfield University School of Management. She has advised government and industry on supply chain strategy and its relationship to industrial and business strategy, has served on numerous advisory boards, and is currently a member of the Made Smarter Expert Panel and Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund Advisory Group.
As well as academic success, Professor Godsell has held many senior positions in industry. Her career began with a role at ICI/Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, and following this she worked up to senior management level at Dyson, in both supply chain and operations management functions. Whilst at Dyson she undertook a number of operational and process improvement roles within R&D, customer logistics, purchasing, and manufacturing. Professor Godsell is a Chartered Engineer and a Member of the IMechE.
- Micheli, P, Johnson, M, Godsell, J (2021) Editorial How the Covid-19 pandemic has affected, and will affect, operations and supply chain management research and practice, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 41, pp.773-780.
- Ibn-Mohammed, T, Mustapha, KB, Godsell, J, Adamu, Z, Babatunde, KA, Akintade, DD, Acquaye, A, Fujii, H, Ndiaye, MM, Yamoah, FA, Koh, SCL (2020) A critical analysis of the impacts of COVID-19 on the global economy and ecosystems and opportunities for circular economy strategies, Resources, Conservation, and Recycling, 164.
- Chakuu, S, Masi, D, Godsell, J (2020) Towards a framework on the factors conditioning the role of logistics service providers in the provision of inventory financing, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 40, pp.1225-1241.
- Day, SJJ, Godsell, J, Masi, D, Zhang, W (2020) Predicting consumer adoption of branded subscription services : a prospect theory perspective, Business Strategy and the Environment, 29, pp.1310-1330.
- Karatzas, A, Papadopoulos, G, Godsell, J (2020) Servitization and the effect of training on service delivery system performance, Production and Operations Management, 29, pp.1101-1121.
Professor Jan Godsell is currently co-directing InterAct.
InterAct is a £4.4 million, Made Smarter Innovation funded, Economic and Social Research Council-led network that aims to bring together economic and social scientists, UK manufacturers, and digital technology providers to address the human issues resulting from the diffusion of new technologies in industry.
Professor Godsell is supported by the core research team at Loughborough University, the project aims to help shape the future of UK manufacturing.