Password top tips
Use different passwords for different services
It is vital to remember to not use the same password for different services. By following this advice, if a hacker did gain access to one of your services, they would not be able to access your other services. You also would not need to change the password for your other accounts.
- Never use a University password for any other service
- Do not use your University passwords for other services outside The University as you can't guarantee they will take the same care to protect them as we do
- Never re-use an old password
- Choose strong passwords
For passcodes, PIN codes, or passwords used only to unlock a device (e.g. a smartphone or tablet), ensure one of the following credentials is in place:
- Password (6 or more characters in length)
- PIN (6 or more characters in length)
For guidance on choosing your password and how to change it, please visit the IT User Account page.