Student permits are available for returning students who live in halls (not first year students) or students who are travelling in. We do have some permits available for students living in the LE11 area (not in halls) on a first come first serve basis.
Access to campus is via the two staffed entrances, based on the East (Epinal Way) and the West (Ashby Road).
- Monthly charge - £20 (per calendar month).
- Annual charge - £200 (12 month period from application date)
Parking will be free for students who have below 100 CO2 vehicle emissions up to 01 September 2023. After this date charges will apply as above.
Please note, long term, i.e., 12 months or longer, physical, or mental health conditions (non-blue badge holders) which impact on your access to or around campus. Contact Student wellbeing to discuss appropriate permit options available to you.
Exceptional circumstances guidelines
- The applicant has received a scholarship.
- The applicant competes at international level (with major championship experience) - Proof of a selection/squad membership needs to come from a performance director at a recognised National Governing Body and those students need to demonstrate that they are working towards a major competition, such as European Championships.
- Long term, i.e., 12 months or longer, physical, or mental health conditions which impact on your access to or around campus. Contact Student wellbeing to discuss appropriate permit options available to you. At this stage, please do not register for a permit using the link below.
- Short term medical conditions – the applicant will need to complete an application form available from the Traffic and parking team and include the relevant confirmation e.g., GP's letter, hospital appointment dates.
- Work placement relating to the applicant's course at Loughborough University.
Short term: The applicant is in expectation of an imminent call to support close family (i.e., over the next week-fortnight).
- Longer term: Students should not assume that campus parking will be made available for longer term issues and will need to consider transport issues in their choice of University and accommodation. Applications under exceptional circumstances for longer term issues will only normally be considered where the applicant needs to provide care and support to a family member on a regular basis, requiring frequent journeys, and public transport is not feasible and where these circumstances have arisen since the student commenced their studies at Loughborough.