Property office

Campus aerial photo

The Property Office Team provides a professional property advisory and asset management service to the University. Our work is primarily focused on managing the University’s Science and Enterprise Park and supporting professional and academic colleagues across the University on issues relating to the granting of rights, occupation and use of facilities and space by non-university organisations and individuals.

How we support the University

We provide a comprehensive property advisory service to the University on a wide and diverse range of property related matters. We play a key role supporting the work of our colleagues across the University, especially in the Sports Development Centre, Research and Innovation Office and all the Schools, which is principally focused on the management of all non-university organisations or individuals using or wanting to use space or facilities within our campuses. 

We are responsible for the management of the Science and Enterprise Park and work closely with all our Campus Partners and Science Park based colleagues to help them get the most out of being part of our dynamic innovation community.

Acting on behalf of the University, we also work closely with external stakeholders and partners on a wide range of property related matters.

How the Property Office can help

Not currently part of our Community

If you are not already part of our dynamic innovation community with a world-class research base and graduate supply and would like to explore the opportunities available to be part of our campuses or Science and Enterprise Park, we would be delighted to hear from you. You may also find our Science and Enterprise Park website useful.

Campus Partners

Our Team is happy to offer support and help to all our existing Campus Partners with their occupational needs and requirements to enable them to get the most out of being part of our dynamic community. If you are based within the Science and Enterprise Park, you may also find some general help and information available on

University staff

The university does not permit the use of its space or facilities without a formal agreement. If you are a member of staff and are collaborating or considering working with a non-university organisation or individual which will involve such use, please contact one of the Team. We would be happy to discuss your specific requirements and how, we and our colleagues in related professional services, may support you. Please see the staff only pages for more details. If you have a maintenance problem with the facilities you occupy please report via your designated departmental contact for such issues.

On the non-property related aspects of engaging with external partners, your School’s Partnership Development Manager is also able to assist. If you are looking for help about IP protection and commercialisation, including licensing and Spinouts, please contact the IP Exploitation Team.

Student or Graduate wanting to start a business

You may like to refer to The Loughborough Enterprise Network website which sets out support from the University.

Services not provided

We do not advise individual members of staff or students on private property matters and cannot recommend firms. Please visit the for further information.

We do not manage or advise the University on its day to day use of designated academic, student or sports related space and facilities unless there are property related legal issues arising from such use or it involves affecting existing or granting new rights to a non-university organisation or individual.

Other property related matters

Boundaries, Wayleaves, Easements and Rights of Way

If you have any queries or issues related to the above rights, please contact the Head of Property Office or Property Management Surveyor. 

Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park

For all enquiries about the availability of space and facilities within the Science Park please contact the Property Office.

Maintenance and Repair of Facilities

If you wish to report a problem with your premises please report this via the LUSEP reception team, your designated departmental contact or contact the E&FM Helpdesk.

Out of Hours Working

If you are working outside the hours of 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday please complete the online form to advise our security team


All agreements relating to the use and/or occupation or University property or facilities must be agreed and managed through the Property Office.