OneDrive - FAQs and troubleshooting
Working with files
Are there any restrictions when saving to OneDrive?
There are some restrictions and limitations when you sync files and folders, including certain strings in filenames such as COM[1-9], LPT[1-9], NUL and AUX. For a full list please see here. However, it should be noted that with web services like Office 365 change quickly.
- Keep file names short in OneDrive. The path, including the filename, should not exceed 255 characters
- Applications other than Microsoft may take longer to sync depending on their file size
Can I access both my personal and University OneDrive?
If you already have a personal OneDrive and using it, you can add another account via the OneDrive Settings.
To add another account to OneDrive on your computer:
- Select the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar or Mac menu bar
- Select OneDrive Help and Settings icon (looks like a cog)
- In Settings, select the Account tab, and then select Add an account
- When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your new account, and then select Sign in.
Important: You can have multiple work or school accounts, but only one Personal OneDrive account.
I’m leaving the University, how do I back-up files in my University OneDrive account?
You will need to back up any documents, files, and folders before you leave the University and your account expires. Once your account has expired, you will not have access to your OneDrive and the data held within it.
Please see link below for instructions.