Professor David Deacon talks about his interests in political communication and the type of research he is involved in at the CRCC.
Communication lies at the heart of politics and our work examines the development of political message production, transmission, and reception.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Analysis of election and referendum campaign communication;
- Impartiality reviews of BBC news output;
- Media audits for third sector organisations and policy actors;
- Political lobbying, pressure groups and citizen engagement;
- Protest, activism and populism.
We have played a key role in raising awareness and understanding of media representations of socially significant issues, including UK General Elections and Governement policy on drug usage.