Loughborough University accepts US Federal Loans, which enable US citizens to fund their studies in the UK. Useful information for students coming to Loughborough from the United States can be found in our consent statements, listed below.
The information below is for applicants commencing study in the 2021/22 academic year. This page will be updated with information for 2022/23 once it is available.
Information to help with searching for funding for your course can be found in International finance. On these pages you can also find information on funding opportunities, scholarships and bursaries and student loans. Information relating to Federal Direct Loans and Private Loans is on the US Loans webpage.
Fees for current students can be found on the fees webpage. Information relating to costs of living in our accommodation can be found on our accommodation webpages.
Information and advice on Disability
The Counselling and Disability Service (CDS) provides advice, guidance and support to current and prospective students. Disability related costs can be included in the cost of attendance when applying for federal or private loans.
Information relating to textbooks and any supplemental materials required will be supplied by your school/department.
Information about our data protection policy can be found on the dedicated data protection policy webpage.
Rules and Compliance
The University Regulations govern the academic functions of the University and are established and maintained by Senate.
The Student Charter has been jointly developed by students and staff at Loughborough University to show what they can expect and what is expected of them during their time at university.
Further information on the expectations of students can be found under student discipline.
Information about UK higher education degrees and recognised awarding bodies can be found on the UK Government website.
Information about completion/graduation rates can be found on the HESA website.
You can find information on withdrawing from study at the links below:
Students with Direct Loans also need to refer to Withdrawing and Return to Title IV Policy (please see LU R2T4 Policy).
Information about how you apply for Federal Aid, the processes involved and relevant websites for information are on our US Loans webpages.
Health and Safety
Information about health and safety at Loughborough University can be found on the services webpage.
Drug and Alcohol Prevention
Information and advice on some of the problems people often encounter and seek support from the counselling service, including drugs and alcohol are available at the Counselling and Disability webpages.
Information from the US Department of Education website.
1998 Amendments to the Higher Education Act of 1965
(r) SUSPENSION OF ELIGIBILITY FOR DRUG-RELATED OFFENSES
(1) IN GENERAL – A student who has been convicted of any offense under any Federal or State law involving the possession or sale of a controlled substance shall not be eligible to receive any grant, loan, or work assistance under this title during the period beginning on the date of such conviction and ending after the internal specified in the following table:
If convicted of an offense involving:
The possession of a controlled substance:
Ineligibility period is:
- First offense: 1 year
- Second offense: 2 years
- Third offense: Indefinite
The sale of a controlled substance:
Ineligibility period is:
- First offense: 2 years
- Second offense: Indefinite
(2) REHABILITATION – A student whose eligibility has been suspended under paragraph (1) may resume eligibility before the end of the ineligibility period determined under such paragraph if:
- (A) The student satisfactorily completes a drug rehabilitation program that:
- (i) Complies with such criteria as the Secretary shall prescribe in regulations for purposes of this paragraph; and
- (ii) includes two unannounced drug tests; or
- (B) The conviction is reversed, set aside, or otherwise rendered nugatory.
Information about crime rates for Loughborough Central can be found on the Police UK website.