If you are a Welsh student you may be able to borrow up to £18,025 as a combination of a grant and loan which can be used towards your tuition fees and living costs:
- a maximum grant of £6,885 and loan of £11,140 if your household income is £18,370 or less
- a grant of £1,000 and loan of £17,025 if your household income is not taken into account or is above £59,200.
Am I eligible to apply?
Whether you can receive finance depends on:
- your nationality and residency
- your course
- your university or college
- your age
- your previous study.
Eligibility information can be found on the Student Finance Wales website.
How will I repay the loan?
Please see the GOV.UK website for more information about repaying your student finance. The guide covers important topics such as:
- when you start and finish repaying
- how much you repay
- how to repay
- making voluntary repayments
- getting a refund
- updating your employment details.
How do I apply?
For more information on applying, please see Student Finance Wales.