Visitor visas

How to confirm your right to study with a Visitor visa.

You can study on a Visitor visa in the following circumstances:

  • Your programme is less than 6 months long (e.g. you are a single Semester exchange or short course student)
  • You are returning for a period of less than 6 months to take reassessments
  • You are a distance learner and are required to attend a block of in-person teaching/assessment which is less than 6 months long

You will need to show the original documents listed below

I have a vignette (visa stamp) in my passport

  • Passport
  • Vignette (visa stamp)
  • Flight details

I have a Border Force entry stamp in my passport

  • Passport
  • Border Force entry stamp

I don't have a visa or stamp in my passport

If you entered the UK via an eGate or saw a Border Force Officer but did not receive a stamp in your passport, you are still classed as having a Visitor visa for 6 months from the date of entry to the UK.  You will need to show your: 

  • Passport 
  • Flight details