Updating your devices
Do not use unsupported Operating Systems e.g. Windows XP as the vendor is unlikely to release any security updates to fix vulnerabilities
- Keep your antivirus software up to date
- Ensure your computer operating system is up to date with Windows Updates. For a managed machine this is done automatically however other machines or personal devices, ensure you check and install any updates on a regular basis.
Internet of Things (IoT)
A variety of devices can be connected to a computer network for example a fridge, printers, heating and watches that could be hacked. They could also be used to attack other networks internally and externally if not configured correctly.
- Change default password to a complex one
- Restrict access to only those who need it
- Install the latest software updates to protect you when they become available