TRade Agreements, Negotiation Strategy, Investment and Technology Research Interest Group (TRANSIT-RIG)
Leader: Huw Edwards, Senior Lecturer in Economics
Dr Huw Edwards is head of TRANSIT, a new interest and advisory group focused on Brexit.
At the School of Business and Economics we have a number of researchers engaged in topical and cutting edge research directly relevant to both the Brexit negotiations and considerations of UK policy thereafter.
Our team is multidisciplinary including specialists in the economics of trade, foreign direct investment, financial services, regulatory policy and exchange rates, as well as experts in international negotiations, emerging markets and export promotion, and in the use of big data and social media to gauge public opinion shifts.
Our researchers have run major conferences for policymakers and obtained substantial research grants from the ESRC among others. We are in regular contact with policymakers at the Department of International Trade (DIT) and Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, as well as with the Confederation of British Industry. In addition, we have preferred supplier status for the DIT.
Dr Huw Edwards, Senior Lecturer in Economics
- Dr Vitor Castro, Senior Lecturer in Economics
- Dr Ben Ferrett, Senior Lecturer in Economics
- Dr Bo Gao, Lecturer in Economics
- Dr Elena Georgiadou, Lecturer in International Management
- Professor Monica Giulietti, Professor of Microeconomics
- Dr Allyson King, Teaching Fellow in Economics
- Professor David T Llewellyn, Professor of Money and Banking
- Professor Alistair Milne, Professor of Financial Economics
- Dr Simona Rasciute, Senior Lecturer in Economics
- Dr Tzameret Rubin, Senior Research and Enterprise Associate
- Professor Anne Souchon, Professor of International Marketing
- Dr Thomas Triebs, Lecturer in Economics
Loughborough University London
- Dr Nicola Chelotti, Lecturer in Diplomacy and International Governance
- Professor Helen Drake, Director of the Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance
- Dr Tim Oliver, Senior Lecturer, Institute for Diplomacy and International Governance
- Dr Justin Tumlinson, Senior Lecturer, Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship