Ensuring sanitation services that are safe and effective in urban settings needs attention given to effective management of faecal sludge and wastewater through all stages of the sanitation service chain: from containment facilities through to safe end-use or disposal. WEDC has a long history of supporting urban sanitation service improvements through research, consultancy and producing key sector publications. Our work in this area has grown and adapted, as the urban sanitation challenge grows increasingly complex and urgent.
If you would like to find out more about WEDC’s work is this area, please contact Rebecca Scott.
- Assessment of the urban sanitation business model
- Diagnostic tools and guidelines for faecal sludge management
- Evaluation of the Mumbai Slum Sanitation Programme
- Excreta flow analysis to inform urban sanitation planning
- Faecal waste flow diagrams (SFDs): Is human excreta safely managed?
- Non-Governmental Public Action (NGPA): Research on NGO/government relations
- SPLASH Urban Sanitation Research Programme
- Support to Haiti EC Water Facility: Urban sanitation in Jacmel (Sanitation marketing and behaviour change communication strategy)