Dr Didier Soopramanien PhD Economics (Lancaster University)
Reader in Marketing
Dr Didier Soopramanien is a Reader in Marketing at the School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University. Prior to joining Loughborough University, Didier was an Associate Professor at the International Business School of Beijing Foreign Studies University(China) from 2012 to 2018 and now holds a visiting professor position at that University. Whilst working in China, he was recipient of a High Level Foreign Expert Funding (from the Local Government) and has twice been awarded the best teacher award at Beijing Foreign Studies University. Didier was also a lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Lancaster University from 2002 to 2011. Didier’s research has appeared in academic journals such as the Journal of Business Research, The European Journal of Operational Research, Transportation Research D, Applied Economics and Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
My core research interest focusses on studying the enabling and restraining factors that can potentially explain the different rates of adoption of innovative offerings and their associated practices amongst different groups of consumers. My research on the factors that explain the adoption of electric cars and online shopping respectively illustrates both my research interests and approach to studying such issues.
- Qian, L and Soopramanien, D, Daryanto, A (2017) First-Time Buyers’ Subjective Knowledge and the Attribute Preferences of Chinese Car Buyers, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Volume 36, pp. 189-196
- Qian, L and Soopramanien, D (2015) Incorporating heterogeneity to forecast the demand of new products in emerging markets: green cars in China, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Volume 91, February 2015, pp. 33-46.
- Tao Huang, R Fildes, D Soopramanien (2014) The value of competitive information in forecasting FMCG retail product sales and the variable selection problem, European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 237, Issue 2, 1 September 2014, pp.738-748
- Rogers G. and Soopramanien, D. (2009) 'The truth is out there! How external validity can lead to better marketing decisions', International Journal of Market Research, vol. 51(2), pp. 163-180 (Winner of the Market Research Society Award for Collaborative Research. Also short-listed for best paper in the International Journal of Market Research)
- Soopramanien, D. and Robertson, A. (2007) “Adoption and usage of Online shopping: An analysis of the characteristics of buyers, browsers and non-internet shoppers”, Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, Vol. 14, pp. 73-82.
Regular Reviewer for academic journals such as the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services.