Re-applying to halls
You can continue living in halls for your second, third or fourth year. Staying in halls is an excellent choice for your accommodation - that's why we reserve a third of all rooms in campus accommodation for returning students.
Don't want the fun of living in halls to end? It doesn't have to. Living halls is a great way to make the most out of your university experience. With hall events and a range of sports, societies and socials on your doorstep, staying in halls is an easy choice for many of our returning students - especially as lectures are just a convenient short walk away from your bed!
In halls, all bills are included, so you never have to worry about managing rising bills or the responsibility of renting your own house. With frequent cleaning from our lovely halls team, 24 hour security, and the opportunity to stay in catered halls, you can sit back, relax and focus on having a fantastic university experience.
Making an application
Applications are currently open and will close at 2pm on 16 February 2024.
Making an application to return to halls is easy. Log into the Accommodation Hub and preference what room/location you want. When you put in an application to return to halls, there is no commitment at this stage. Offers for rooms will be sent out from March. When you receive an offer, you will then have 5 days to accept or reject your offer.
International students - 2 year guarantee
- Students paying full international tuition fees are guaranteed a room with campus accommodation for any two years of study, providing they submit an application prior to the February deadline. We will try to place you within the same hall but in some circumstances we may move you to another hall on campus.
Information for disabled students
- If you need a room for a disability-related reason, please note this under ‘do you want a particular room’. If you wish to return to an adapted/wheelchair accessible room, you should also email us your request.
- If you have been elected onto the hall committee your warden may put a room on hold for you, however you MUST still apply before the deadline to secure your accommodation.
Please note: Students that have accepted halls accommodation with outstanding accommodation fees on 1 August 2024 will have their contract cancelled. If you have accepted a room but wish to cancel an accepted Licence due to finding alternative accommodation, you may only do so prior to 1 June 2024 and you will be liable for cancellation charges.
Can I live with my friends in halls?
- If you want to live with your friends in halls next year, make sure to include their name and student ID number in the 'additional information' box when selecting room preferences in your application.
- Returning students are allocated a room at the warden's discretion. We do our best to put you together with your friends but this is not guaranteed.
Thinking of going on placement?
- If you are going on placement but have not yet received an offer, we suggest that you apply for a hall place. Your room contract will be cancelled upon completion of an accommodation cancellation form and proof of your subsequent placement (within the required timescale).
- If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 2, please note on your application that you will require a first semester licence only. If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester one, please contact us in November 2024 to apply for second semester accommodation.
Returner student stories
Hear from our returner students about what they love about halls and why they chose to return after their first year of studies.
"I felt so at home living in halls that it simply felt right returning to halls for my second year. Socially, halls are perfect. Halls also benefit me academically as I am just minutes away from my lectures and I spend so much time at the library, so it’s wonderful that it's so close to my bedroom!"
Current Art and Design Foundation students
If you are currently on the Art and Design Foundation programme, you will not be able to apply as a returning student. You should apply for your accommodation via UCAS as a new Undergraduate student, you will receive further information on how and when to apply from May 2024.
If you will be graduating and intend to return to Loughborough as a postgraduate student, you can apply online for accommodation from February 2024 as soon as your academic place is confirmed by the university.
If you are a PhD student wanting to return to halls again, you can also apply online from February 2024.