Re-applying to halls
Continue living in halls for your second, third or fourth year.
Early-bird discounts are available for UG returners!
If you apply before Monday 9th January 2023, you will be eligible to receive a 5% discount off the 23/24 accommodation fees (excluding catering element) in selected halls*.
Visit our Accommodation hub here, to submit an application before the deadline. Please note you are able to go back onto the hub and select/add who you would like to live with anytime up until the final closing date, rather than decide on friendships prior to 9th January 2023.
*This currently applies to Butler Court, Cayley, David Collett, Falkner Eggington, Faraday, Harry French, The Holt, Royce, Rutherford, Telford, Towers and William Morris.
Had a great time living in halls this year? Want to stay on with your friends and get involved with more of the social activities within your hall community? Worried about the rising cost of living and want to have a catered accommodation option? Love the convenience of being on campus and close to your department or sporting facilities? Not ready have the responsibility of renting your own house and managing your own bills? There's no hidden extras in halls and they are only a 39 or 41 week let, so you're not paying for weeks you may not need!
Whatever your reasons we have lots of students who decide to stay living in halls and a third of all our rooms are for returning students.
See our dedicated webpage for useful information and advice about your accommodation options for your next year of student at Loughborough
A few things to note:
- Applications open from 10am on Thursday 10 November 2022.
- Students paying full International Tuition Fees are normally guaranteed a hall place within the same hall for any two years of study providing they submit an application prior to the February deadline.
- Returning students are allocated a room at the warden's discretion.
- If you have been elected onto the hall committee your warden may put a room on hold for you, however you MUST still apply before the deadline to secure your accommodation.
- If you need a room for a disability-related reason, please note this under ‘do you want a particular room’. If you wish to return to an adapted/wheelchair accessible room, you should also email us your request. See FAQ - Additional requirements.
- Applications from students with outstanding accommodation fees will not be offered accommodation.
- If you are going on placement but have not yet received an offer, we suggest that you apply for a hall place. Your room contract will be cancelled upon completion of an Accommodation Cancellation Form and proof of your subsequent placement (within the required timescale).
- If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 2, please note on your application that you will require a First Semester Licence only. If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 1, please contact us in November 2023 to apply for Second Semester accommodation.
- If you wish to cancel an accepted Licence, you may only do so prior to 1 June 2023, you will be liable for cancellation charges.
- If you will be graduating and intend to return to Loughborough as a Postgraduate student, you can apply online for accommodation from April 2023 - please see our How to apply information.
- Committee members (living in the hall), will receive 15% discount off accommodation fees (excluding catering element in catered halls) if you submit your application before Monday 9th January 2023! Applications submitted after this date will receive a 10% discount.”
Please see our returners hall fees guide for 2023-24.
If you are currently on the Art Foundation programme, you will not be able to apply as a returning student. You should apply for your accommodation via UCAS as a new Undergraduate student, you will receive further information on how and when to apply from May 2023.