Behavioural Decision Sciences Research Interest Group (BDS-RIG)
BDS-RIG aims to bring together the rigorous research methods used in decision sciences and the empirical methods that stem from behavioural economics, psychology and sociology.
Co-Leader: Nikolaos Argyris
Lecturer in Operational Research
Co-Leader: Anna Rita Bennato
Lecturer in Economics
Behavioural Decision Sciences (BDS) is a research interest group with the goal of bringing together the rigorous research methods used in decision sciences and the empirical methods that stem from behavioural economics, psychology and sociology.
The members of the group are multidisciplinary and use modelling and behavioural methods to understand decision making and generate better models and practices for decision makers and analytics professionals.
We use a wide range of research methods, from quantitative modelling and simulation to empirical methods such as dataset analysis, laboratory experiments and field studies.
In alignment with the School’s decision sciences agenda, we aim to generate impactful research to inform and support decision makers across society. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading behavioural decision science group with strong international relations.
- Nikolaos Argyris, Lecturer in Operational Research
- Anna Bennato, Lecturer in Economics
- Enrique Fatas, Professor of Economics
- Alberto Franco, Professor of Management Sciences
- Gilberto Montibeller, Professor of Management Sciences
- Simona Rasciute, Senior Lecturer in Economics
- Anna Raffoni, Lecturer in Accounting
- Duncan Robertson, Lecturer in Management Sciences
- Martin Sykora, Lecturer in Information Management
- Antuela Tako, Reader in Operational Research
- Zoe Anastasiou, PhD student
- Tony Dawson, PhD student
- Tatiana Gherman, PhD student
- Goetz Giering, PhD student
- Naoum Tsioptsias, PhD student
- Professor Martin Eppler (University of St Gallen, Switzerland)
- Professor Raimo P. Hamalainen (Aalto University, Finland)
- Professor Etienne Rouwette (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Professor Detlof von Winterfeldt (Honorary Professor, Loughborough University; University of Southern California, US)