Monitoring and evaluation
Increasingly sector stakeholders and project funders are seeking better evidence to support policy and project development. Well-designed project and sector monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is a key element to achieving this end. WEDC has extensive experience of participatory evaluation work of projects and programmes in the WASH sector. We often use evaluation frameworks that are based on the OECD Development Assistance Committee's (DAC) guidelines.
If you would like to find out more about WEDC’s work is this area, please contact Kevin Sansom.
- Monitoring and evaluation (MVE): Advisors for the South Asia WASH Payment by Results programme (contains an equity component)
- Development of organisational evaluation and programme effectiveness policy and evaluation synthesis
- Global evaluation of the WASH Sector Strategy 'Community Approaches to Total Sanitation' (CATS)
- Evaluation of Africa water facility projects
- Mid-term evaluation of EU water facility project GOAL, ACF and LVIA WASH Programme, Ethiopia
- WaterAid Country Program: Evaluation and learning in Nepal
- WaterAid Country Program: Evaluation in Mozambique
- Evaluation of the Mumbai Slum Sanitation Programme
- The Uganda annual water and sanitation sector performance report
- Assessment of the urban sanitation business model: WaterAid Tanzania