At William Morris you will find:
- Beds are 4ft excluding studios (double bedding recommended) - Pillows NOT supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- Double beds in self-contained studio flats
- Somerton Lodge: 11 bedrooms (3 with 4ft beds, 8 with double beds); double rooms with sofa area; bathroom and toilet facilities on each floor; shared kitchen; lounge/dining room
- Two common rooms - Freeview TV area, pool table, table tennis etc. (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Mobile app operated launderette
- Bike sheds (bicycles stored at this hall are covered under the Unite block insurance policy)
- Situated close to the Students' Union on Ashby Road
- Limited parking available through Unite Students
- No bedroom cleaning
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned weekly in standard flats
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned every other week in en-suite flats
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities cleaned weekly
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week).
- £5,373.87 (£135.08 per week) - Standard, 4ft bed in 6-7 bed flat (179 beds)
- £5,672.44 (£142.32 per week) - Standard, 4ft bed in 3-5 bed flat (113 beds)
- £6,864.61 (£172.23 per week) - En-suite, 4ft bed (102 beds)
- £7,894.12 (£198.06 per week) - Studio Flat (12 beds)
- £5,672.44 (£142.32 per week) - Standard, 4ft bed in Somerton or Highfields (7 beds)
- £5,898.78 (£148.00 per week) - Standard (double) in Somerton or Highfields (5 beds)
- £6,204.85 (£155.68 per week) - Large standard (double) in Somerton or Highfields (8 beds)
- £8,319.51 (£208.73 per week) - One bedroom self-contained flat (1 bed)
All fees above include utilities, wired and wireless network, housekeeping service, out of hours Warden Service, and Endsleigh insurance policy cover.
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union William Morris Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Monday 25 September 2023
- Returning students: Saturday 30 September 2023
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 4 February 2024
- 39 week let (New Undergraduates): 25 September 2023 – 30 June 2024
- 39 week let (Returning students): 30 September 2023 - 30 June 2024
- 18 week let (Semester 1): 30 September 2023 - 2 February 2024
- 21 week let (Semester 2): 4 February 2024 - 30 June 2024
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Your Student Experience Team Leader is responsible for dealing with any issues that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Experience Team Leader: Sarah Harvey
Phone: +44 (0)1509 236809
This service provider is affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK).
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Mr Julian MacKenzie
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222433
- Andrew McClintock
- Alpha Koroma
- Chris Briggs
- Syafiq Mohamad Saiful
Duty mobile: 07855453051
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own Facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.