Halls of residence
This hall is named after the Chairman of the University Council from 1966 to 1982.
At David Collett you will find:
- Blocks A, B & C – rooms off a central spiral stairway with 4 ft beds
- Blocks D & E arranged around a central corridor with single beds
- Block F - en-suite rooms with 4 ft beds (8 students share kitchenette)
- 1 accessible room available
- Catered Monday - Friday (10 meals per week, breakfast and evening meal)
- 4 - 9 students share shower and toilet facilities
- 7 - 14 students share kitchenettes (average 8 per kitchen)
- Quiet rooms available
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- Four common/games rooms with pool and tennis tables, Freeview and 40" HD TV (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless network
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2021/22:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher’s week)
- £5,593.12 - Standard (211 beds)
- £5,818.19 - Standard (4ft bed) (95 beds)
- £6,975.65 - En-suite (4ft bed) (56 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union David Collett Hall page.
New Undergraduates: Tuesday 28 September 2021
Returning students: Saturday 2 October 2021
Semester 2 student: Sunday 7 February 2022
39 weeks let: 2 October 2021 - 2 July 2021
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 2 October 2021 - 6 February 2022
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 7 February 2022 - 2 July 2022
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223838 or 223824
Please contact the Front of House Manager / Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Senior Duty Manager: Brett Barrs
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223810
Acting Head Chef: Alan Pervin
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223820
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Ms Tina Leeland
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222269
Duty Mobile: 07526256981
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.