Halls of residence
This hall is named after the Chairman of the University Council from 1966 to 1982.
At David Collett you will find:
- Blocks A, B & C – rooms off a central spiral stairway with 4 ft beds
- Blocks D & E arranged around a central corridor with single beds
- Block F - en-suite rooms with 4 ft beds (8 students share kitchenette)
- 1 wheelchair accessible room available
- 4 - 9 students share shower and toilet facilites
- 7 - 14 students share kitchenettes (average 8 per kitchen)
- Quiet rooms available
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- Four common/games rooms with pool and tennis tables, Freeview and 40" HD TV (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless network
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for freshers week)
- £6,261.68 - Standard (211 beds)
- £6,348.97 - Standard (4ft bed) (95 beds)
- £7,468.07 - En-suite (4ft bed) (16 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union David Collett Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Returning students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
39 weeks let: 28 September 2019 – 27 June 2020
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
Saturday 27 June 2020 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223838 or 223824
Please contact the Front of House Manager / Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Senior Duty Manager: Brett Barrs
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223810
Chef: Jaget Singh
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223825
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Ms Sheryl Williams
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222269
Mr Jonathan Bigger
Ms Maren Schnieder
Miss Sarah-Anne De-Kremer
Duty Mobile: 07526256981
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.