Current students

Students talking with open laptop

Support in Halls

We are dedicated to creating the best possible experience for each of you during your time in halls, helping you feel safe and supported throughout your time here. In order to assist you, there are a number of resources available to support you within your hall community.

Hall management team

Each Hall has a dedicated Hall Management team (available Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 18:00) who are there for any day-to-day enquiries, suggestions or concerns regarding your hall and flatmates.

  • They co-ordinates day to day cleaning and maintenance in your room/flat 
  • Ensures your health, safety and security
  • Work closely with the Warden and committee to provide a seamless 24 hour support service
  • Distribute small post items like letters (parcels are collected from the Post and Parcels office)

Contact details for your hall management team can be found on your Halls of Residence page.

Warden team

Each University Hall has a team of Wardens and Sub-wardens who are there to provide a supportive and enjoyable environment for all the student residents.

If you have any problems, either arising from within the hall or connected with any other aspect of student life, please contact your warden or sub-warden who will either deal directly with the issue or refer you to someone who can help. Any discussions you have with a Warden or Sub-warden will be in confidence.

Contact details can be found on your Halls of Residence page.

Useful Contacts

In addition to your support network within hall, the University also provides a number of professional support services, free to all students:

Your Hall Contacts can be found under your individual Halls of Residence page.

Care leavers and estranged students

Students who are care leavers or estranged from their family have the option to remain on campus throughout their time here.  Although you can only be contracted into halls accommodation for the duration of the Halls Licence agreement (term time), summer accommodation is available during the vacation period with extensions available for eligible students.  Please ensure that you tick the care leaver/estranged students box on the summer accommodation booking form which is available here.  You are responsible for covering the cost of accommodation, however care leavers may be eligible for funding via their local authority.  If you are struggling financially you may be able to access the summer hardship fund. You will find further information and advice on funding options via the Student Advice and Support Service.