What to pack
Here is our quick guide on what is provided and what we recommend you bring with you when you move in.
We provide the following items:
- Pillows (except Unite halls)
- Kettle and toaster
- Oven and microwave (self catered halls)
- Combination microwave oven (5 day catered halls)
- Fridge/freezer (in most halls)
- Electric cooker with hob, oven and grill - self catered halls (plus Faraday large kitchen)
- Induction hob and pans - 5 day catered halls (excluding Faraday large kitchen)
- Desk lamp
- Iron & ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner/dustpan and brush
- Toilet rolls (except en-suite rooms)
We recommend you bring the following items with you:
- Duvet, sheets and cover (please check the bed size in your room first - see our halls pages for more information)
- Pillows (for Unite Halls)
- Towels and tea towels
- Coat hangers
- Mugs and your own crockery and cutlery
- Start-up groceries
- Cooking utensils and saucepans (self-catered halls)
- Toilet rolls (en-suite & shared en-suite)
Personal electrical items should confirm to European Standards and display the CE make on the cable or plug. Cables should not be trailed across the floor as these could cause a trip hazard.
You can order some of the essentials you need from UniKitOut and your items will be here waiting for you when you arrive.
UniKitOut offers a wide range of products and is rated excellent on Trustpilot. They offer a 100% money-back guarantee and offer a free cancellation promise, should your plans change in the lead-up to moving in.
For orders over £50, you can use code LOUGH10 which will give you 10% off.
If your order is under £50, you can use code LOUGHFREEDEL to get free delivery.
Please note, if you are arriving in semester 2, you will need to collect your order from the parcel office on campus when you arrive.
For your safety, there are a number of items that are not allowed in your accommodation:
- Personal heaters
- Chip pans and deep fat fryers
- Rice cookers
- Grills of any kind
- Indoor BBQ trays
- Electric blankets
- Clip-on desk lamps
- Candles or incense sticks
- Cube adaptors
- Refrigerators (unless for medical use, subject to prior approval and supplied by us)
- E-Scooters and E-Bikes
- Electronic diffusers
- Extra furniture
- Doorstop - wedging of doors is not permitted in any area
- Needles for recreational use (hobbies or sports)