Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

Before applying for your visa (or a visa extension) you will need a CAS statement from Loughborough University as your sponsoring institution. The CAS statement gives information on the course you have been accepted onto, what level it is, how long it lasts, what the tuition fees are and what documents the University used to accept you.

It also contains a CAS number which will be unique to you, and it is this number which you will use when you submit your visa applications. The CAS statement will be emailed to you as a PDF document.

It is important that you check the information on your CAS as you will need to ensure that this matches the information you provide when you submit your visa application. Any documents mentioned in the ‘Evidence used to obtain offer’ section will also need to be provided with your application.

New students

If you're a new student applying for a new visa to study with us, you will be provided with a CAS once you have met the full conditions of your offer and confirmed how you will be funding your studies. You cannot use the CAS to apply for a visa earlier than three months before your start date, so we normally start to issue CAS from May onwards for those students starting studies in the autumn.

If you are a self-funding student studying a postgraduate taught programme you must pay a deposit before your CAS is issued.

Further information can be found here

Current students

If you're a current student and are applying for a visa extension to complete your programme, you can seek advice from the Student Advice and Support Service in the Bridgeman Building. They can check your application, ensure the application meets the requirements of UKVI and advise on the suitability of your evidence. Alternatively, you can make the application yourself if you prefer. A CAS should be requested from the relevant office for your course i.e. Student Office or Research Student Office.

Part-time/research students

The University is only permitted to sponsor students attending full-time courses under the Student Visa. If you are not attending any formal lectures, tutorials etc. as part of a taught degree programme or undertaking supervised research-based activities as part of a research degree you will NOT be eligible for a CAS.