Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa

Would you like to extend your visa to stay in the UK and develop your business?

Please note: We are only able to support applications for the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneurship Visa from Loughborough University students and graduates.

Please note that Loughborough University only endorses its own graduates. In line with our other business support here at the University, we are looking to receive applications for the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneurship Visa from graduates whose businesses have the potential for impact, innovation and have high-growth potential.

If this sounds like you and your business idea and you would like to apply for an endorsement letter to support your Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneurship Visa application, we ask that you read the UK Government and University information about this scheme in detail before submitting an Expression of Interest.

Please note: As of 2019, Loughborough University will open for Expressions of Interest for the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneurship Visa twice per year. The first round will open from 1st June - 22nd June 2019 with a second round opening in September 2019.

At Loughborough, we have a simple three-stage application process.

Step 1 - Expression of Interest

Having read the UK Government and University information about the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa, please complete the Expression of Interest Form.   

Please remember to:

  • Answer each question as fully and completely as possible.
  • Enter 'N/A' if a question does not apply to you.
  • Please note: there is no 'Save' option for this form, so it must be completed in one sitting.

If your business is a group venture, each eligible person within the team must apply for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa.

Each applicant will be contacted after submission to provide further details, but only the lead person should complete this further information form.

Step 2 - Meet us and draft your Business Plan

Your Expression of Interest and eligibility will be assessed.

If it is felt that you have a viable business, we will ask you to attend meetings with both the team Student Advice and Loughborough Enterprise Network team here at the University.

You will need to provide more information or complete a full Business Plan as part of this process, using the templates that we will provide.

Step 3 - Letter of Endorsement

Your Business Plan will be reviewed and assessed.

You may be required to submit further details in order to answer any questions.

If the Business Plan is approved, we (Loughborough Enterprise Network) will request an endorsement letter from Registry which can be used to support your Visa application.

Please note:

  • There is no guarantee that your application will be successful.
  • The duration of the application process will vary.
  • If you feel that a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa is not right for you, you could also take a look at the Sirius Programme below.