Project Enable is one of six enabling projects initiated following the ratification of the new University Strategy by Council in March 2022. Directed by the Chief Operating Officer, and led by the Strategic Change Programme Manager, Project Enable will play a central role as the University embarks on its next strategic cycle through to 2030.
To enable the delivery of our strategy, it will be critical to create capacity for all colleagues, whether you are an academic or a Professional Services member of staff. However, colleagues already have high workloads, and we will not be able to create capacity through strategic financial investment (e.g. new roles) alone.
Sponsored by the Vice-Chancellor, the purpose of Project Enable is to create capacity and thinking time in the work we do to enable the advancement of our strategic priorities by ensuring that the way we work is efficient, effective, and in keeping with Loughborough’s values.
Project Enable aims
- To reduce administrative burdens for both academic and Professional Services staff, creating space and a mature approach to risk tolerance
- To improve the wellbeing and work-life balance of staff, relating to workload pressures
- To create more time for staff to pursue value-add activities, including research and innovation endeavours, whilst maintaining the student experience
- To reduce net workload across the University, not to move work between structure
- To empower colleagues to take appropriate, effective actions to deliver priorities, ensuring appropriate accountability