As outlined in official University policy, we are responsible for the procurement of all printed materials on behalf of Loughborough University. Consequently, the Finance Office will only pay invoices from approved printers, the process of which we manage by in liaison with customer departments.
We coordinate this where possible through our in-house print unit, and through a framework agreement of approved print suppliers who work in partnership with us. We call this latter element, Print Buying.
This is a not-for profit activity which ensures:
Cost effective production through economies of scale
We can manage your stock of purchased items through the University Online Shop enabling you to place large orders, achieving lower unit costs and a more efficient use of your budget.
Service, quality, and price guarantee
University approved printers value our custom. Our rigorous quality standards and status with approved printers enables us to always get the very best print service for you.
Print buying expertise
We will always advise on the right specification for your budget and purpose and can source special finishes to enhance your product.
Approving University printers
Working with the University Purchasing Office we undergo an extensive tendering exercise within EU guidelines to select reliable, excellent quality printers on the University’s behalf.
Printers are approved based on:
- quality of service
- financial stability
- technical ability
We have awarded new print contracts until December 2022. Printers that fail to maintain high standards in all criteria have their contract terminated.
Getting something printed
- After you have contacted us, we will confirm your specification and send it to the printers. We will advise on timings at this stage
- The printer’s quotations are submitted and collated
- We send you the quotations with recommendations. This usually happens within 2 working days of the initial enquiry
- You accept the quotation and confirm the preferred printer, providing your Agresso budget code. The job will not proceed without your code.
- We confirm the turnaround time to you and the printer
- We raise the official University order within the same day
- The printer commences your work
- We approve printer’s proofs within 2 working days of receiving them
- The printer will deliver to our facility in the Herbert Manzoni Building.
- We check the quality of the finished job and ensure same day delivery to the location of your choice, holding back any agreed stock for further call off via the University Online Shop
- We pay the printer's invoice
- You are charged by charge code in our month end process
Corporate identity approval
All artworks must conform to University guidelines. Creative and Print Services must approve design agency / freelance artwork prior to print.