Information for landlords
To give students and their parents’ peace of mind we advertise University approved off-campus accommodation.
If you wish to advertise your properties with us, you must be accredited/or working towards accreditation by DASH Landlord Accreditation and provide us with your registration number. DASH is not appropriate for purpose built or private halls of residence, but accreditation with ANUK is accepted as an alternative.
This scheme accredits landlords rather than individual properties and is supported by Loughborough University, Charnwood Borough Council and other Local Authorities in the East Midlands region.
The properties of a Landlord accredited under the DASH Scheme will meet the minimum standards to provide a safe living environment. The premises will, for example, be in a good state of repair, meet relevant fire regulations, have appropriate gas and electrical safety certificates, and have study bedrooms of a specific standard.
You will be required to attend a one-day training course covering property management based on the ANUK/IDeA landlord development manual and the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). In addition, you are required to participate in a minimum of 10 hours continual professional development per year.
Our advertising service includes:
- Advertising year from 1 December to 31 October every year.
- Full marketing of properties to over 13,000 students.
- Advertising on the Studentpad website.
- Access to Studentpad to register and maintain advertisements.
- One or two 'House' property grading scheme.
- Ability to download Energy Performance Certificate via advertisement.
- Promoted directly to students via email, social media and website.
- Reminders on landlord portal when Gas and Electrical inspections are due.
- All landlords must accept the University's Terms and conditions of Service.
- All properties must meet the standard of the 'one house' property grade.