Halls of residence
Named after Thomas Telford, Scottish Civil Engineer, noted for building roads, canals and bridges.
Centrally positioned in the student village and laid out in five courts, Telford is just a two minute walk from the University Library. It is a friendly and welcoming hall with a sporting legacy.
- Bedrooms: 483
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Art and Design Foundation
- Location: Village
At Telford you will find:
- 4 - 6 students share bathroom facilities
- Quiet rooms available
- 6 - 8 students share a large dining kitchen
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- 2 x games/common rooms (facilities subject to change)
- Bike sheds
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2022/23:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £4,485.92- Standard (483 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Telford Hall page.
- New undergraduates: Wednesday 28 September 2022
- Returning students: Saturday 1 October 2022
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 5 February 2023
39 weeks let: 1 October 2022 - 1 July 2023
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 1 October 2022 - 3 February 2023
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 5 February 2023 - 1 July 2023
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Our hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Telfordreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223838
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Mark Dabney
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222275
Kuldeep Singh Sodha
Duty Mobile: 07812012252
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.