Halls of residence
Named after Harold Everett Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College.
At Falkner Eggington you will find:
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Two adapted en-suite rooms, with standard width entrance doorway & corridor
- Designated postgraduate flats (87 rooms)
- Quiet rooms available
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- 2 x Common/Games rooms
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £3,751.84 - Standard (without wash hand basin) (477 beds)
All rooms offered on a 50 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £4,806.19 - Standard (without wash hand basin)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Falkner Eggington Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 26 September 2019
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 26 September 2019
- Returning students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
- 39 weeks let: 28 September 2019 - 27 June 2020
- 50 weeks let: 28 September 2019 - 12 September 2020
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10:00 on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 27 June 2020 (semester 2 and full year undergraduate students)
- Saturday 12 September 2020 (postgraduate students)
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: Patrick Page-Ward
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223809 or 223839
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Mr Simon Wombwell
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222335
Miss Carlie Ede
Miss Chidinma Okorie
Miss Nicola Rawlinson
Ms Franziska Zaunig
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.