Halls of residence
Named after Harold Everett Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College.
At Falkner Eggington you will find:
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Two accessible en-suite rooms, with standard width entrance doorway & corridor
- Quiet rooms available
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- 2 x Common/Games rooms
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2020/21:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £3,863.28 - Standard (without wash hand basin) (477 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Falkner Eggington Hall page.
New Undergraduates: Sunday 27 September 2020
Returning students: Saturday 3 October 2020
Semester 2 students: 7 February 2021
39 weeks let: 3 October 2020 - 3 July 2021
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 3 October 2020 - 5 February 2021
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 7 February 2021 - 3 July 2021
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10:00 on the end date of the contract.
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: Patrick Page-Ward
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223809 or 223839
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Mr Simon Wombwell
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222335
Miss Carlie Ede
Miss Chidinma Okorie
Miss Nicola Rawlinson
Ms Franziska Zaunig
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.