Halls of residence
Named after Harold Everett Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College.
At Falkner Eggington you will find:
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Two adapted en-suite rooms, with standard width entrance doorway & corridor
- Designated postgraduate flats (114 rooms)
- Quiet rooms available
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- Bedrooms cleaned fortnightly
- Kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- 2 x Common/Games rooms
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
Accommodation packages available for 2018-19:
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,621.68*
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £4,643.18*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 27 September 2018
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Falkner Eggington Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 27 September 2018
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 27 September 2018
- Returning students: Sunday 30 September 2018
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 03 February 2019
- 39 weeks let: 30 September 2018 - 29 June 2019
- 50 weeks let: 30 September 2018- 14 September 2019
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 01 February 2019 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 29 June 2019 (semester 2 and full year undergraduate students)
- Saturday 14 September 2019 (postgraduate students)
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: Jack Hardy
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223809 or 223839
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Mr Simon Wombwell
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222335
Miss Sophia Tetteh
Miss Chidinma Okorie
Ms Karmen Cheung
Mr Stephen Murphy
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.