Halls of residence
This hall is named after Sir George Cayley, a Yorkshire baronet, who laid down the foundations of modern science aerodynamics.
Located in the village, Cayley is at the heart of campus and close to lecture theatres, sporting facilities the University Library and the Students' Union.
For 2019/20 2 x blocks (132 x standard rooms, 4 ft beds) will be added to the existing Cayley Hall. For further information on our new hall development please see our announcement.
- Bedrooms: 329
- Catering: Catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Art and Design Foundation
- Area: Village
At Cayley you will find:
- 2 - 8 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- 3 storey blocks - 14-15 students share small kitchenette
- New blocks - full kitchen facilities
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 2-8 students share bathroom facilities
- Standard (4ft bed) - new blocks - 6-8 students share bathroom facilities
- Shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Quiet rooms available
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £6,183.40 - Standard (small kitchen) (86 beds)
- £7,120.87 - Standard (4ft bed) in New Blocks (132 beds)
- £7,142.79 - Shared en-suite (23 beds)
- £7,380.78 - En-suite (88 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Cayley Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Returning students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
39 weeks let: 28 September 2019 - 27 June 2020
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
Saturday 27 June 2020 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Front of House Manager for any food queries or dietary requirements
Front of House Manager: Darren Harrison
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223888
Chef: Aldo Guarasci
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223820
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Mrs Elaine Beaken
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222268
Duty Mobile: 07849226365
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.