Research Staff are encouraged to develop their personal and professional skills, in line with the intentions of the Concordat.
You can book to attend a wide variety of courses in the University.
Currently, there are a number of different places to look for opportunities:
- The Centre for Academic Practice has drawn together research staff training opportunities from across the Professional Services, this has been amalgamated into a list of the available training with links to further information and booking forms.
- My.HR is the system for booking onto courses run by Organisationa Development and the Centre for Academic Practice, as well as other Professional Services such as the Research Office.
- The Centre for Academic Practice offers CPD opportunities to support you in gaining recognition of your teaching through Higher Education Academy.
- The Doctoral College provides a wide range of workshops and courses that are open to Research staff.
- The Vitae Researcher Development Framework can be used to help you to map and monitor your current skills and skills gaps as a researcher. Vitae have developed a range of lenses to help you to focus on different aspects of researchers’ skills including Teaching, Enterprise and Employability.
- You can access support with your English from the Academic Language Study Unit including a suite of online resources for both native English speakers and those with English as a second language. You can also get help with your communication skills via the Centre for Academic Practice.
- Research Integrity Online is a programme designed to introduce you to the full breadth of your professional responsibilities as a researcher, and has been designed for early-career researchers. It provides practical advice on dealing with the complex issues that can arise while planning, conducting and reporting research, with five different streams each targeted to a specific subject area.
In addition to internal opportunities, Loughborough research staff can access resources and information from Vitae, the researcher development organisation. You will need to register on this site with your Loughborough email address.