The Researcher Development team supports the training and skills development of academic and research staff and doctoral researchers.
We do this through a wide variety of mechanisms including the Doctoral College, Institute of Advanced Studies and CALIBRE (Research Leaders programme).
We can help you with
Developing a doctoral community
- Providing a cohort experience for researchers
- Recruiting high-quality doctoral researchers
- Advising on internally managed and external funding opportunities
- Meeting funder requirements for training doctoral researchers
Training and development for staff
- Disseminating opportunities for Fellowships and Studentships
- Providing detailed guidance on appropriate fellowship applications and response to reviewers
- Coordinating mock panels
- Proactively seeking funded opportunities for doctoral research, including regional, national and international partnerships
- Providing funding and structured opportunities through the Institute of Advanced Studies to lead the development of international collaborations