News and Events
Latest news from Loughborough University
9 Nov 2015
CSM co-hosts 1st Academic-Practitioner Research with Impact Workshop “Customer Experience Management (CEM) and Big Data”
CSM is proud to co-host the 1st Academic-Practitioner Research with Impact Workshop “Customer Experience Management (CEM) and Big Data” together with the Customer Management Leadership Group (CMLG) at Alliance Manchester Business School where the event will take place on January18th and 19th January, 2016.
The 2-day invitational workshop aims to help academics work with companies and academics across disciplines to tackle topics identified by 5 past or present CMLG member companies working in services and facilities outsourcing, transport, retail, banking and manufacturing sectors. Details of CMLG member companies can be found here: https://research.mbs.ac.uk/customer-leadership/Ourmembers.aspx
The aim of the workshop is for five groups of academics from differing disciplines to develop research papers based on topics identified by the companies. These will involve topics in the areas of ‘Customer Experience Management (CEM)’, ‘Big Data’ or both.
The benefits for participating academics are:
- Opportunity to work with leading academics and well-established research teams from a range of universities and research disciplines.
- Papers emerging from the workshop will be considered for publication in a potential special section of the prestigious Journal of Services Marketing, which has always focused on the importance of publishing works that are both of interest to scholars and relevant to practitioners.
- Papers will be based on a topic/ range of problems identified by 5 companies and thus any publication could have research impact because the implications may influence the companies to change processes.
- Opportunities for ongoing dialogue and development of research networks with well-known companies and potential data access.
The workshop themes and chairpersons are:
- Service and customer experience measurement: metrics, processes and operations and customer perceived value in their experience
Chairperson: Tim Keiningham, Chief Strategy and Client Officer, Rockbridge Associates, Co-author, The Wallet Allocation Rule
- CRM, customer engagement and Big Data
Chairpersons: Lerzan Aksoy, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies and Professor of Marketing at School of Business, Fordham University, Co-author, The Wallet Allocation Rule
Werner Kunz, Associate Professor of Marketing
Director of the Digital Media Lab at University of Massachusetts Boston, Chair the American Marketing Association (AMA) Special Interest Group Service Marketing (ServSIG)
- Employee recruitment and training to improve the customer experience
Chairperson Gianfranco Walsh, Professor of Marketing, Chair of General Management and Marketing, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena
- Developing capabilities to switch from goods-dominant logic to a service-dominant logic
Chairpersons: Judy Zolkiewski, Professor of Marketing, Head of Marketing Group, Alliance Manchester Business School,
Vicky Story, Reader in Retailing and Marketing, Head of Marketing, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University
- Leadership and culture change for a Big Data future
Chairperson: Martin Wetzels, Professor of Marketing and Supply Chain Research, School of Business and Economics, Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Maastricht University
Steve Baron, Professor of Marketing and Operations, Co-Editor of the Journal of Services Marketing will also attend the workshop and lead the review of the closing presentations.
How to participate - Apply to be selected to attend the event by submitting:
- A short biography outlining areas of research interest/ expertise, key journals published in. A brief position statement (up to 500 words) with the following information: Which theme would you like to select? Why would you like choose this specific theme? What research have you conducted in area of your chosen theme?
- Choice of preferred theme (see table above and application link below).
Please contact Victoria.Mansfield@manchester.ac.uk if you have any questions.
Submission deadline: Monday 14th December 2015, 1pm