The Publication Scheme provides an overview of information the University already makes available (online and in printed publications, etc.).
The Loughborough University Publication Scheme is issued in line with the model publication scheme for Higher Education, issued by the Information Commissioner's Office.
The scheme contains seven classes of information, as set out by the Information Commissioner’s model publication scheme:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
Most of the information is available from Loughborough University’s website (www.lboro.ac.uk/). To request information available through our publication scheme, other than via the University website, please contact the relevant University department as indicated in the publication scheme.
Most of the information in the scheme can be downloaded from the website free of charge. The University reserves the right to make a small charge for printed copies of some documents
available on the website, to cover administrative costs.
Responsibility for the scheme
The publication scheme is regularly reviewed and the University welcomes feedback about both the information provided and the access to it. Comments should be directed to the Freedom of
Information Officer by email to FOI@lboro.ac.uk or in writing to The Freedom of Information Officer, Academic Registry, Rutland Building, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE11 3TU.
Almost all publications listed in this publication scheme are copyright of Loughborough University and reproduction of material supplied through the publication scheme or in response to a request for information without the express permission of Loughborough University (or copyright holder) may be an infringement of copyright. More information on copyright matters can be found on the Library's copyright pages.
Requests for information not included in the scheme
Information held by the University which is not published under the scheme can be requested by email from FOI@lboro.ac.uk or in writing from the Freedom of Information Officer, Academic Registry, Rutland Building, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE11 3TU. Much of the information in the categories below can be found on the following University websites:
1. Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
- About the University
- Senior Officers
- University Committees
- Campus Map
- Facts and Figures (including staff and student numbers)
- Useful Contacts
2. What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and
- Financial Statements
- Finance Office
- Procurement Processes - how to do business with the University
- Contracts Register
- Salaries and Pay Scales
- Tuition Fees and Financial Support
3. What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews.
- University Strategy
- Annual Review
- Learning and Teaching Strategy
- Sustainability (old website)
- Health and Safety
4. How we make decisions
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
5. Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
- Academic Quality Procedures Handbook
- Charter and Statutes
- Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity
- Data Protection
- Equality and Diversity
- Estates and Facilities Management
- Examinations and Assessment
- Honorary Degrees and University Medal Committee
- IT Services
- People and Organisational Development (formerly Human Resources)
- Prospectus - Postgraduate
- Prospectus - Undergraduate
- Schools and Departments
- Student Admissions
- Student Handbook
- Student Services
- Students’ Union (external site)
- Tuition Fees and Financial Support
6. Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the University.
7. The services we offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.