Academic Staff Probation Monitoring Group B
Terms of Reference
- To consider and make recommendations on any matter appertaining to the processes associated with academic probation.
- To ensure that the delegation to Schools of responsibility for academic staff probation monitoring is working effectively.
- To consider all cases, submitted by Deans, where progress is not proceeding to plan, for any reason. Such submissions to ASPMG will include Work Plans, Reports and progress meeting minutes.
- In line with published guidance, to agree actions for individual cases where progress is not proceeding to plan, including extensions to probation, non-confirmations of appointment or other appropriate measures.
- In line with published guidance, to agree full or partial probation waivers, or any other exceptional matter relating to the probation period of individual staff.
- To meet four times a year on pre-arranged dates as defined in the University Calendar.
- To report to each meeting of the Human Resources Committee.