Edward Sharp Prize
The Edward Sharp Prize is awarded for a work or works of art and design by one or more final-year students selected from the Undergraduate Arts Degree Show.
The prize winners are selected by a judging panel including the Dean of the School, the Director of LU Arts and other academics within the School. The works purchased by the prize become part of the University’s art collection, managed by LU Arts, and are displayed on the University campus.
Edward Sharp was a former principal of Loughborough College of Art and Design and set up a fund to assist the College’s students on his retirement.
- 2020: Nadine Wilde (Textiles), Lauren Jefferis (Graphic Communication & Illustration) and Alyssa Dabbs (Fine Art)
- 2019: Da Hyoung Choi (Fine Art) and Kate Dixon (Textiles)
- 2018: Rebecca Wymark (Fine Art) and Jodie Cowler (Fine Art)
- 2017: Lydia Ward-Manners (Textiles)
- 2016: Caitlin Derby (Ceramics) and Connie Liebschner (Fine Art)
- 2015: Alice Cox (Fine Art), Matteo Allodi (Fine Art) and Hannah Refaat
- 2014: Maria Anders and Vanessa Lewis-Jones
- 2013: Ian Tricker (Fine Art)
- 2012: Simon Hall (Fine Art), Nicola Thornhill and Roseanna Woods (Fine Art)
- 2011: David Lawton (Fine Art)
- 2010: Deborah Aves (Fine Art) and Vanessa Raw (Fine Art)
- 2009: Jess Harries-Wood, Ali Lomas and Louisa Hollingsworth