Open days checklist
Students might want to compile their own list of questions to help them make the most of their open day visits but to help them get started we’ve made some suggestions below.
- What are the entry requirements for this course?
- What modules are covered in the course?
- How many teaching hours are delivered each week?
- How many hours a week do you get with the tutor?
- How many hours (on average) are required outside of lectures for additional reading and studying?
- What job opportunities are typically associated with this degree?
- How is the course assessed? (Exams, coursework etc.)
- What are the facilities like for the course?
- Is there an option to undertake placements and/or study abroad?
Campus life questions
- What recreational and sporting facilities are available on campus?
- What clubs and societies are available?
- What support and guidance groups are available for students?
- What study support is available for students?
- What career guidance is available for students?
- What are the public transport links like?
- How much are students advised to budget per term/year?
- How much are accomodation fees?
- What type of accomodation is available? (Catered, non-catered, en-suite shared bathroom, single or mixed sex.)
- How far is it from the campus?
- How do I apply for accomodation?
- Are all first year stduents guaranteed accomodation on campus?
- What facilities are available within the accomocation itself? (Laundry room, shared lounge, internet access.)
- What security measures are in place?
- So you have special accomodation for students with disabilities?
- How far are the nearest shops/bars/restaurants?
Questions for current students
- Why did you choose to study at university?
- What do you enjoy about University?
- How did you find living away from home?
- What is the community like at University?
- What do you with you'd known before you started University?