The purpose of the energy strategy is to set out a development framework covering a thirty year period from 2020-2050 to provide a sustainable future for the University.
The Strategy Supports the delivery of the University’s Building Excellence’ Strategy, and the Estates Strategy and has been developed working with colleagues from the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering, the Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology and the Climate and Environment Task Group.
The Key objectives of the Strategy are:
- Support the delivery of the Estates Strategy 2020-2040.
- Align with the Government target of achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
- Safeguard the University against escalating energy costs.
- Provide resilience and supports business continuity.
- Support business development opportunities.
You can read the strategy in full below or find out what you can do to help the university be more energy efficient by visiting the 7 Steps to becoming greener campaign below.