Student Visa / Tier 4

As an international student you might need a Student visa in order to study in the UK.

On 5 October 2020, UKVI introduced the Student visa route which replaced Tier 4. The information below applies equally to Student visa holders as well as those with Tier 4 permission granted prior to 5 October 2020, and any reference to ‘Student’ is to be construed accordingly. 

Below you can find more information on specific topics related to visas. Please have a look at the webpage(s) which is of interest to you.

How can the University support you?

You can find guidance on various visa topics on the University’s webpages. These webpages include the most common visa related topics, questions and issues. You should always use the webpages first however if you require advice or guidance beyond what is covered on the webpages you can contact the Student Advice and Support Service. 

Last Updated: 21st March 2024