The Events team are based within Marketing and Advancement and are responsible for organising a number of student recruitment, corporate and alumni events that take place across the University.
The team consists of experienced event professionals, who can advise and support you with getting the most out of your events.
The team are able to support with numerous events that directly contribute to the University strategy. However, the team is small and therefore cannot support all events across the institution. With this in mind, you will find lots of guidance with the planning, delivery and evaluation on your own event over this section of the website.
When should I contact the events team?
As a starting point, you should make initial contact with the team to discuss your plans and what you want to achieve.
This is to ensure that:
- We can help with any telephone enquiries received
- We can check that dates don’t clash with other major events on campus
- Security, switchboard and other relevant areas are informed of the details
- We can advise of any links with other events on campus or in the pipeline that might support your event
What can the team do to help?
The level of support we can offer for your event will vary. As a starting point make initial contact with the team to discuss your plans and what you want to achieve.
Support can include
1) Full event management
- suggesting a suitable structure for your event
- advice on suitable guest lists/target audiences
- producing invitations and liaising with Creative and Print Services
- managing replies
- arranging promotion, press and social media via the relevant teams
- venue sourcing, catering, AV, room dressing, lighting, sound and risk assessments
- arranging communication with attendees and follow-up activity
- creating an operational plan for the event
- full delivery of event logistics, planning and administration
- on the day management
- post-event evaluation report
2) Advisory role
- providing advice and guidance on event planning
- supporting with looking over contracts for venues and budget planning
- advising on creating invitations and managing responses
- providing templates and guidance documents
- advising on accommodation and travel booking
3) On the day support
Assisting with on the day management for larger events with prior agreement
4) Outdoor events approval
The Events team are also the first point of contact for anyone wishing to host outdoor events on campus. You will need to complete the request form and a risk assessment for your request to be processed. Outdoor events have to be signed off by relevant people across the institution. You must get your requests in early and the supporting paperwork completed in good time to avoid disappointment.
Outdoor Events Approval Process
Before your event goes ahead you must have the appropriate permission for your event to go ahead. This is so the University can provide the appropriate support for events taking place and allows us to ensure we are minimising the impact we have on our neighbours that live near to campus, particularly with regards to noise.
The Outdoor Events Approval form can be obtained by contacting Claire Fletcher on either email@example.com or 01509 228294. Please fill out the form with as must detail as possible.
You must ensure your event is appropriately risk assessed prior to the event taking place. The Health and Safety website has a wealth of resources and guidance documents to help you with planning and delivering a safe event, including specific information for Hall events and the use of disposable BBQ equipment. For further advice and guidance please contact the Health and Safety team on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 01509 222181.
Please also familiarise yourself with the University’s PA and Music protocol which must be adhered to at all times for the duration of any outdoor event. This document should be shared with anyone responsible for music or PA announcements during the course of the event.
Please note if you wish to use a sports facility you will need to book this space with the Sports Bookings Team who will need to confirm if the space is available for you to use. More information can be found on the Loughborough Sport website or by emailing email@example.com.
Shirley Pearce Square
If you would like to use Shirley Pearce Square for your event please contact Claire Fletcher (as above) to book this space. Once confirmed that the space is available for you to use, you will need to complete the outdoor events forms as normal.