Registering with the police
Some students have to register with the local Police Force within 7 days of their arrival in the UK, or if their circumstances have changed at all. e.g. change of address, change of course, new visa etc. The visa sticker in your passport or UKVI decision letter should confirm if you need to register.
If you are required to register this should normally be done within 7 days. This may not have been possible due to Leicester police changing its processes but you can now start registering with Leicester police online.
- You will need to create an online account and save your login details for future reference whenever you need to update the police online with any changes e.g. new visa or address
- The online portal will ask you to submit details including; name, nationality, contact details, passport and study information. Take care to answer the questions accurately as they cannot be changed later
- You will need to upload a passport-style photograph
- You will pay the fee of £34 online
- You can then book an appointment to visit the police in Leicester with:
- CAS giving study details
- Proof of address e.g. Tenancy agreement/letter from University (including room number)
- Visa or Home Office decision letter showing the requirement to register with the police
- You should complete the online process and book an appointment with the police as soon as possible.
Once you have booked your appointment you will need to visit their office in Leicester.
If you are a student studying in London, please click on the toggle below for information relating to your area.
|Police registration (Loughborough University London)|