Procedures and Schemes
Teaching Best Practice Awards
This brand-new award category invites applications from all those who have an example of best practice to share with colleagues across our Learning and Teaching community.
The 2020 teaching and learning sphere brought significant challenges yet great opportunities to develop new ways of working to benefit our students. This category has been created to celebrate these efforts, to showcase colleagues’ excellent teaching and ingenuity whilst also building upon our community of best practice by creating a collection of case studies and resources.
Applications will be considered at the Teaching Awards panel, with the best submissions being selected to feature on the University's Teaching and Learning Best Practice webpages. From those, the final winners will receive a 2020/21 Teaching Best Practice Award.
Winners will be presented with their certificate at the University Learning and Teaching Conference and in addition to this accolade, winners will also receive a monetary prize to be used to enhance their teaching practice.
2020/21 Teaching Best Practice Award Criteria:
- The case study must be completed within the template that is available alongside this guidance.
- Alongside the case study please attach a short (1-2 minute) video of yourself giving an overview of your experience implementing this practice.
- Please include any extra resources i.e. supporting documents or videos that would help a fellow colleague implement/adapt your practice.
- The case study must contain evidence of the impact this practice has made upon the student learning.
- The case study must consider the applicability to others within your own discipline and the wider University.
- Highlight the use of Loughborough University supported systems where possible.
Please submit your application to email@example.com by 9am on the 7th June 2021.