Halls of residence
Named after Sir Henry Royce, founder member of Rolls Royce Ltd, a pioneer of aeronautical engineering in education.
At Royce you will find:
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 2 - 8 students share bathroom facilities
- Shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Double bedding recommended for 4ft beds
- Catered Monday - Friday (15 meals per week)
- 2 - 8 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in some larger blocks)
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2021/22:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £6,340.75 - Standard (195 beds)
- £7,387.04 - Shared en-suite (2 beds)
- £7,632.86 - En-suite (80 beds)
- £7,723.31 - En-suite (4ft bed) (96 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Royce Hall page.
New Undergraduates: Sunday 26 September 2021
Returning students: Saturday 2 October 2021
Semester 2 student: Sunday 6 February 2022
39 weeks let: 2 October 2021 - 2 July 2022
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 2 October 2021 - 5 February 2022
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 6 February 2022 - 2 July 2022
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Our hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager:
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223829
Chef: Jaget Singh
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223825
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Mark King
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222273
Duty Mobile: 07960511767
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own Facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.