Halls of residence
Situated approximately a 10 minute walk from the centre of campus, off Forest Road; 15 minutes walk from the town centre.
At The Holt you will find:
- A cluster of five three storey blocks surround The Old Holt, a Victorian building set in it's own grounds, only a short walk from the busy campus
- Most beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended - pillows NOT provided)
- Quiet rooms available
- 3 x 2 bedroom bungalows
- 3-6 students share large dining kitchens
- Large common/games rooms - freeview TV area, pool and football table (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless network
- Bike sheds (bicycles stored at this hall are covered under the University or Unite block insurance policy)
- Limited parking available through Unite Students
- Mobile app operated launderette
- No bedroom cleaning
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned weekly in standard flats
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned every other week in en-suite flats
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities cleaned weekly
Accommodation packages available for 2020/21:
All rooms offered on a 41 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £5,509.21 - One bedroom (4ft bed) in 2 bedroom bungalow (6 beds)
- £5,988.51 - En-suite (4ft bed) (238 beds)
- £6,627.01 - Studio flat (4ft bed) (1 bed)
- £6,627.01 - Large en-suite (4ft bed) (16 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Holt Hall page.
New Undergraduates: Monday 28 September 2020
Returning students: Saturday 3 October 2020
Semester 2 students: Sunday 31 January 2021
41 weeks let: 3 October 2020 – 10 July 2021
23 weeks let (Semester 2): 31 January 2021 - 10 July 2021
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
Hall Manager: Emily Brothers
Phone: +44 (0)1509 268342
This service provider is affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK)
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Val Dennehy
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222282
Mr Robert Akunga
Mr Vidura Yasas
Ms Elisa Deffenu
Duty Mobile: 07402079663
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own Facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.