Halls of residence
New Hall of Residence for 2019 intake - this hall is named after Claudia Parsons, an English engineer, traveller and Alumna of Loughborough University. She is known for being the first woman to circumnavigate the world by car.
Located in the village, Claudia Parsons will be at the heart of campus and close to lecture theatres, sporting facilities and the Students' Union.
Construction work commenced Summer 2017 to construct this new hall of residence adjacent to the Cayley site. The accommodation is being built in two phases and was completed in May 2019. For further information on our new hall development please see our announcement.
- Bedrooms: 480
- Catering: Self Catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Sports Performance Athletes
- Area: Village
At Claudia Parsons you will find (2019-20):
- Located in seven 3 or 4 storey blocks
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- 5 - 8 students share large kitchen/diner
- 4 x DDA compliant rooms; 4 - 6 students share large kitchen/diner
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- Student social hub
- Active Campus – facilities providing outstanding recreation and fitness opportunities, an environment where students can study and relax in spaces specifically designed to support learning, health and wellbeing
- Bike Storage
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Student Performance Athletes block*
- 50 x single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, 6-8 students share large kitchen/diner
- 2 x DDA compliant rooms with en-suite bathrooms, 6 students share large kitchen/diner
- 7 x large standard (wash hand basin) rooms, sharing 2 x showers and toilets and a large kitchen/diner
- 12 x standard (wash hand basin) rooms, 6 students sharing 2 x showers and toilets and a large kitchen/diner
- Drying room
*Accommodation allocated by the Sports Development Centre only - see Performance Athletes
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 41 week let (plus additional fee for freshers week)
- £6,273.75 - En-suite (4ft bed) (409 beds)
Performance Athletes only on a 45 week let
- £5,692.32 - Standard (4ft bed) (12 beds)
- £5,923.81 - Large Standard (4ft Bed) (7 beds)
- £6,840.13 - En-suite (4ft Bed) (52 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Claudia Parsons page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Returning students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
41 weeks let: 25 September 2019 – 11 July 2020
45 weeks let: 02 September 2019 – 11 July 2020 (Performance athletes only)
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 11 July 2020 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: Jack Hardy
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223452
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Mr Karl Brennan
Mr Michael Harry
Mr Tony Tian
Mr Daniel Babatunde
Miss Lucy Zhu
Duty Subwarden mobile: 07909 567459