Halls of residence
New Hall of Residence for 2019 intake - this hall is named after Claudia Parsons, an English engineer, traveler and Alumna of Loughborough University. She is known for being the first woman to circumnavigate the world by car.
At Claudia Parsons you will find:
- Located in seven 3 or 4 storey blocks
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- 5 - 8 students share large kitchen/diner
- 4 x accessible en-suite rooms; 4 - 6 students share large kitchen/diner
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- Student social hub
- Active Campus – facilities providing outstanding recreation and fitness opportunities, an environment where students can study and relax in spaces specifically designed to support learning, health and wellbeing
- Bike Storage
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Student Performance Athletes block*
- 50 x single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, 6-8 students share large kitchen/diner
- 2 x accessible en-suite rooms, 6 students share large kitchen/diner
- 7 x large standard (wash hand basin) rooms, sharing 2 x showers and toilets and a large kitchen/diner
- 12 x standard (wash hand basin) rooms, 6 students sharing 2 x showers and toilets and a large kitchen/diner
- Drying room
*Accommodation allocated by the Sports Development Centre only - see Performance Athletes
Accommodation packages available for 2022/23:
All rooms offered on a 41 week let (plus additional fee for fresher’s week)
- £6,978.84 - En-suite (4ft bed) (409 beds)
Performance Athletes only on a 45 week let
- £6,436.53 - Standard (4ft bed) (12 beds)
- £6,692.50 - Large Standard (4ft Bed) (7 beds)
- £7,705.60 - En-suite (4ft Bed) (52 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Claudia Parsons page.
New Undergraduates: Sunday 25 September 2022
Returning students: Saturday 1 October 2022
Semester 2 student: Sunday 5 February 2023
41 weeks let: 1 October 2022 – 15 July 2023
45 weeks let: 1 September 2022 – 15 July 2023 (Performance athletes only)
23 weeks let (Semester 2): 5 February 2023 - 15 July 2023
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract.
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: Jack Hardy
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223452
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Mr Karl Brennan
Mr Michael Harry
Mr Tony Tian
Miss Naomi Harte
Miss Kaixi Zhao
Duty Subwarden mobile: 07909 567459
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.