Graduate House provides a place to work and a social space for postgraduate taught and research students, as well as our mature undergraduate students studying at the University.
Located in the heart of Campus, Graduate House is the hub of Loughborough Doctoral College activities.
The intention for the building is to create a space that is functional and practical, as well as attractive and conducive to learning and socialising.
The building comprises of the Loughborough Doctoral College's offices and training room on the ground floor, and the ‘Graduate Hub’. Located on the first floor of the building, the Graduate Hub includes individual and group workspace, kitchen facilities and a lounge area for the exclusive use of postgraduate students. The name ‘Graduate Hub’ was seen as reflecting the role that the space will play in bringing together the University’s postgraduate community.
Graduate House main operating hours are 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday but is open 8am - 10pm, seven days a week for all postgraduate students. You will need your University ID card to access the building.
- offices of Doctoral College staff
- the large training room - which when isn’t being used for workshops, can be booked out by PG students for seminars, group work sessions, or individual study
- the Graduate Hub... see next tab
- seating area for socialising or working (English weather permitting!)
Swipe-card protected and open outside of office hours, this is a space to be used by all postgraduates.
What's here? Well, there's...
- free tea and coffee
- a kitchen with a microwave and fridge
- an area to work in with 4 PCs available
- wi-fi access via Eduroam
- a printer, connected to the University's Printing Network
- tables and seating for group work/socialising