Graduate House provides social space and workspace for postgraduate taught and research students, as well as for mature undergraduate students studying at the University.
Located in the heart of Campus, Graduate House is the hub of Loughborough Doctoral College activities.
The collective vision for the building was to create a space that is functional and practical, as well as attractive and conducive to learning and socialising.
The building comprises the Loughborough Doctoral College's offices and training room, and the ‘Graduate Hub’. Located in the first floor of the building, the Graduate Hub includes individual and group workspace, kitchen facilities and a coffee lounge area for the exclusive use of postgraduate students. The name ‘Graduate Hub’ was decided by an on-line vote by post-graduate students and was seen as reflecting the role that the space will play in bringing together the University’s postgraduate community.
* COVID GUIDELINES FOR GRADUATE HOUSE *
- Face coverings must be worn at all times (unless you are exempt and staff in the office when sitting at their desks)
- There is a maximum capacity of 15 in the Graduate Hub, and 18 (20 including presenters during training sessions) study spaces in the training room at present. If a space isn’t available, you will HAVE to leave.
- If the training room is not in use for training sessions, you may use the space for studying.
- Please do not move the chairs or furniture, it has all been placed in position for correct social distancing guidelines.
- Please do not use the Graduate Hub for social gatherings, for now, it is a study space only.
- Please use the wipes in the room to wipe down the table after you leave and if using a computer, please ensure you wipe down the keyboard and mouse.
- If you see anyone not following social distancing guidelines, and this concerns you, please speak to them about it – there may be a good reason. If this makes you uncomfortable, please let a member of staff know
- One person at a time on the stairs, please check no one else is using them before going up or down.
- Two people MAX in the kitchen at any one time, please follow the guidance on the posters. If already occupied, please wait in the designated area outside the kitchen.
- Please bring in your own mug / spoon / utensils – all communal mugs and spoons have been removed
- Tea / coffee / milk will be provided.
- Loughborough Doctoral College - home to most of the LDC team
- the large training room - which when isn’t being used for workshops, can be booked out by PG students for seminars, group work sessions, or to go in and work alone if you wish
- Graduate Hub... see next tab
- seating area for socialising or working (English weather permitting!)
Swipe-card protected, this is a space used and respected by all postgraduates.
What's here? Well, there's...
- free tea, coffee and wi-fi
- kitchen with microwave and fridge
- area to work in with 3 monitors for students to plug your laptops etc into
- tables for group work/socialising
- comfy seating areas for socialising