Events and meetings
If you are an LGBT+ staff member or ally at Loughborough University, you are most welcome to attend our events and/or monthly meetings. Below is a sample of LGBT+ events organised on our campuses.
LGBT+ Staff Network scheduled meetings
Currently all LGBT+ Staff Netork meetings are to be held online until further notice.
Meetings are usually held 12-1 on the last Wednesday of each month, often with the exception of August to provide a break whilst many are on holiday.
If you would like to attend one of our meetings, please get in touch and we will send you an invitation.
Key LGBT+ Calendar dates
- All of February - LGBT History Month
- 14 February - Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week
- 1 March - Zero Discrimination Day
- 31 March - International Transgender Day of Visibility
- 6 April - International Asexuality Day
- 26 April - Lesbian Visibility Day
- 8 May - Asexual Visibility Day
- 17 May - International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT)
- 22 May - Harvey Milk Day
- 24 May - Pansexual Visibility Day
- All of June - Pride Month
- 12 June - Pulse Remembrance Day
- 28 June - Stonewall Riots Anniversary
- 14 July - Non-Binary People's Day
- 16 July - International Drag Day
- 24 July - Parents' Day (inc LGBT parents)
- 14 August - Gay Uncle Day
- 23 September - Bi Visibility Day
- 8 October - International Lesbian Day
- 11 October - Coming Out Day
- 20 October - International Pronoun Day
- 19 October - Spirit Day
- 26 October - Intersex Awareness Day
- 7 November - Transgender Parents Day
- 8 November - Intersex Day of Solidarity
- 20 November - Trans Day of Remembrance
- 1 December - World Aids Day
- 8 December - Pansexual Pride Day
- 10 December - Human Rights Day
If we've missed any key dates or you spot an error, please let us know.