- February 2020 – present: Senior Lecturer in Statistics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- February 2015 – January 2020: Lecturer in Statistics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- August 2012 – January 2015: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, University of Brighton.
- September 2009 — July 2012: Lecturer in Statistics, School of Technology, University of Wolverhampton.
- September 2006 — August 2009: PhD (funded by a Marie Curie research fellowship), School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Nottingham.
- Statistical Modelling and Uncertainty Quantification for data-driven problems
- Statistical Image and Shape Analysis (e.g., Diffusion MRI for brains and muscles)
- Bayesian statistics
- Medical statistics
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership project with the British Parking Association, funded by Innovate UK, 2023-2025, £230K.
- Powertrain data analysis, An industry sponsored research project, 2023-2024, £186K.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership project with Caterpillar, funded by the Innovate UK, 2023-2025, £252K.
- Knowledge Exchange Catalyst Fellowship, sponsored by the ICMS and EPSRC, 2023-2024, £63K.
- Uncertainty Analysis of Financial Modelling, An industry sponsored research study, 2022-2025, £70K.
- Oil Analytics, An industry sponsored pilot study, 2021-2023, £95K.
- Development of a software tool for musculoskeletal diffusion tensor image analysis, funded by HEIF, EPSRC IAA and LU, 2019- 2021, £110K.
- Data Driven Analytic and Statistical Modelling, An industry sponsored research study, 2019- 2022, £70K.
- Development of Non-Euclidean Diffusion Tensor Image Analysis Software, funded by EPSRC IAA, 2017, £5K.
- Detection and Identification of Nanoplastics using Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, funded by EPSRC through NanoPrime scheme, 2018, £2K.
- Statistical analysis of thermal thresholds detection, funded by GB Electronics (UK), 2014, £4.5K.
- Senee Kitimoon, Multi-Output Gaussian Processes for Interpolation and Transfer Learning in Diffusion Tensor Imaging, University of Sheffield, 2022.
- Steff Farley, Characterising the Geometry of Image Space of Nanostructures for Inferential Analysis of Dewetting Processes and Computational Models, Loughborough University, 2021
- Hanaa Fathi Mahmood, Text Detection and Recognition from Natural Images, Loughborough University, 2020
- Qamar Natsheh, Securing DICOM Images through Automatic Selective Encryption, Loughborough University, 2019
- Arif Reza Anwary, Statistical Shape Analysis for the Human Back, University of Wolverhampton, 2012
- MAC170 Medical Statistics, Module leader
MAC173 Statistical Shape and Image Analysis
- Statistics advisor, Mathematics Education Centre, Loughborough University
- Super Champion for the UK Knowledge Exchange Hub for Mathematical Sciences (October 2023 – present)
- Elected Senate Member of the Academic Staff in the School of Science, Loughborough University (2022-present)
- Committee member of the Royal Statistical Society East Midlands Group (2021-present)
- Chair of the Royal Statistical Society East Midlands Group (2019-2021)
- Member of the Royal Statistical Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA UK)
- Member of the London Mathematical Society
Current PhD students:
- Lei Lyu (2023-present): Statistical Machine Learning for Traffic Data Simulation and Prediction.
- Chubing Li (2022-present): Uncertainty analysis of real estate investment
- Jennifer Ferris (2021-present): Statistical Models of Lower Limb Soft Tissue for Integration into Multimodal Imaging Technologies
- Stefan Calvert (Sept 2019 - present), Data-Driven Analytical and Statistical Modelling
Completed PhD projects:
- Lei Ye (Jan 2017 – June 2021). Thesis: Computational Statistics for Brain and Muscle Diffusion Tensor Image Analysis.
- Khawla Mahmood (Oct 2014 – Nov 2018). Thesis: Statistical Analysis for Decomposed Multivariate Time Series Data with an application to Water Discharge Forecasting.
- Safa Elsheikh (Oct 2013 – June 2018). Thesis: Computational Statistics for Human Brain Diffusion Tensor Image Analysis.
- Jiajia Yan (Feb 2012 – Nov 2016). Thesis: Statistical Analysis on Diffusion Tensor Estimation.
- Eddie Chen (2023-present): Statistical Analytics for Oil Evolution.
- Sobhi Berjawi (March 2022-December 2022). Oil analytics.
- Safa Elsheikh (Oct 2019 - Nov 2020). Musculoskeletal Diffusion Magnetic Resonance Image Analysis
- Wil Ward (2017). Medical Image Analysis