- February 2020 – present: Senior Lecturer in Statistics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- February 2015 – January 2020: Lecturer in Statistics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- August 2012 – January 2015: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Statistics, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, University of Brighton.
- September 2009 — July 2012: Lecturer in Statistics, School of Technology, University of Wolverhampton.
- September 2006 — August 2009: PhD (funded by a Marie Curie research fellowship), School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Nottingham.
- Statistics for medical image analysis and chemical imaging
- Bayesian statistics
- Computational statistics
- Medical statistics
- £60K. PI. Development of a software tool for musculoskeletal diffusion tensor image analysis, funded by the High Education Innovation Fund and EPSRC IAA. (2019- 2020)
- £70K. Co-I, Data Driven Analytic and Statistical Modelling, An industry sponsored research project. (2019- 2022)
- £5K. PI. Development of Non-Euclidean Diffusion Tensor Image Analysis Software, funded by EPSRC IAA. (2017)
- £2K. Co-I. Detection and Identification of Nanoplastics using Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, funded by EPSRC through NanoPrime scheme. (2018)
- £4.5K. PI. Statistical analysis of thermal thresholds detection, funded by GB Electronics (UK). (2014)
- Arif Reza Anwary, Statistical Shape Analysis for the Human Back, University of Wolverhampton, 2012
- Qamar Natsheh, Securing DICOM Images through Automatic Selective Encryption, Loughborough University, 2019
- Hanaa Fathi Mahmood, Text Detection and Recognition from Natural Images, Loughborough University, 2020
- Programme director - Mathematics with Statistics (BSc Hons)
- Programme director - Mathematics and Sport Science (BSc Hons)
- MAC170 Medical Statistics, Module leader
- Statistics advisor, Mathematics Education Centre, Loughborough University
- Chair of Royal Statistical Society East Midlands Group
- Member of Royal Statistical Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA UK)
- Member of London Mathematical Society
Current PhD students:
- Stefan Calvert (Sept 2019 - present), Data-Driven Analytical and Statistical Modelling (Sept 2019 - present). Co-Supervisor. Principal supervisor: Prof. Steven Kenny.
Completed PhD projects:
- Lei Ye (Jan 2017 – June 2021). Thesis: Computational Statistics for Brain and Muscle Diffusion Tensor Image Analysis.
- Khawla Mahmood (Oct 2014 – Nov 2018). Thesis: Statistical Analysis for Decomposed Multivariate Time Series Data with an application to Water Discharge Forecasting.
- Safa Elsheikh (Oct 2013 – June 2018). Thesis: Computational Statistics for Human Brain Diffusion Tensor Image Analysis.
- Jiajia Yan (Feb 2012 – Nov 2016). Thesis: Statistical Analysis on Diffusion Tensor Estimation.
- Safa Elsheikh (Oct 2019 - Nov 2020). Musculoskeletal Diffusion Magnetic Resonance Image Analysis