Student Discipline Committee
Terms of Reference
- To be responsible for the operation of student disciplinary procedures relating to all areas of University activity.
- To keep under review the regulatory framework and procedures relating to student discipline (including Ordinance XVII – Conduct and Discipline of Students) in order to ensure clarity and consistency, and to recommend updates and amendments where relevant and appropriate.
- To develop student disciplinary procedures in line with best practice, and with sector and external guidance.
- To provide members for Student Disciplinary Panels constituted under Section 3 of Ordinance XVII (the Chair of the Student Discipline Committee will usually Chair all such Panels), and for Student Disciplinary Appeals Committees, constituted under Section 9 Of Ordinance XVII.
- To maintain oversight of procedures relating to the conduct of student disciplinary hearings.
- To review on an annual basis guidance on the classification of offences under Sections 2 and 3 of Ordinance XVII, and on potential sanctions, and update where necessary.
- To maintain oversight of disciplinary activity at Section 2 and Section 3 level (cases, hearings, and sanctions) by receiving and reviewing relevant data.
- To consider reports from relevant sub-groups including the Wardens’ Sub-Group.
Student Discipline Committee reports to Senate.
Meetings will be held three times a year.