Fieldcourses are a vital part of geography and we offer an exciting range of destinations for all our undergraduate students.
In the second and final years of each degree course, we offer optional residential fieldcourses to a variety of locations. These are international fieldcourses and choosing to do them will incur an additional course cost.
Examples of recent fieldcourses*
- Physical Geography fieldcourse, Snowdonia
- Human Geography fieldcourse, Paris
- Livelihoods in the Global South fieldcourse, Accra, Ghana
- Global Cities fieldcourse, Singapore
- Practising Geography, Peak District
- Dryland Environments fieldcourse, Namibia
*Please note that destinations are renewed periodically and are therefore subject to change.
In the first year of your degree programme you will participate in a residential fieldcourse in the UK as part of your introduction to field-based research methods in human and physical geography. All essential costs of this field trip (accommodation, travel, food) are covered as part of your tuition fees.
Our students talk about their experiences on fieldcourses
Here is our gallery of field course trips we have gone on in recent years.